Solaro Energy, Inc: Articles on Solaro Aire and Other Solar Products «
Solaro Day™ Information
- The Healthiness of Full Spectrum Light: Multiple studies have been performed to substantiate the health benefits of full spectrum light and the health dangers of other types of light. You will find this information to be a good overview of the concepts and some of the studies.
- The Effects of Full Spectrum Lighting and Color Within a Classroom: In the July 2010 issue of Durability and Design magazine, Allen Zielnik discusses the importance of color and full spectrum lighting on children in classroom and school environments.
- Effects of Color and Light on Selected Elementary Students (Graangard Thesis): Ellen Graangard published a study in May of 1993 that compared the effects of various light sources in classroom situations. She wanted to see the effects of off task behavior and physiological response in a normal elementary classroom setting with those in a prescribed classroom environment. The results are profound and interesting.
- Do Energy Saving Lightbulbs Really Save Energy?: LED lights are very energy saving in their operation but does the manufacturing process and disposal options provide for a “green” product? Yes, LEDs are truly green in all aspects of their lifespan. Read this article to find out more.
- Visible Light Spectrum: A graphic illustration comparing sunlight to LED, Fluorescent, Incandescent, metal halide and high pressure sodium lights.
Solaro Day™ Grow Light Information
- Solaro Day™ Grow Light Flyer: The Solaro Day Grow Light – the Sun Clone is the newest innovation in grow light technology. Learn about the Sun Clone specific benefits by reading this article. You will want one of your own.
- Solaro Day™ Grow Light Information: Learn about PAR and see a detailed description of the light wavelength information important to making grow light buying decision.
- Growing Power – LF: Philips GreenPower LED string LF brings the benefits of LED lighting to multilayer cultivation.
- Growing Power – HF: Philips GreenPower LED module HF opens up new opportunities for multilayer cultivation.
- OSRAM Press Release September 21, 2010: Flower Power – bright LEDs for healthy plant growth. Introduction of the Golden Dragon Plus and OSLON SSL LEDs.
- OSRAM Horticulture Application Grow Lights: K. Peiler and R. Swamy wrote this informational presentation in September 2010 in Northville, MI. They discuss Photosynthesis, Light Measurement in Horticulture Environment, Factors that effect Photosynthesis, Photoperiod and significance of Phytochrome and the LED Advantage. Basic primer on how light helps plants grow and reproduce.
Solaro Aire™ Information
- Attic Ventilation for Homes: Attic ventilation is important in maintaining in maintaining and energy efficient home. Learn a little more about it in this article.
- Performance Assessment of Photovoltaic Attic Ventilator Fans: by Danny S. Parker, John R. Sherwin: This is a great study done in Florida on the effects of active attic ventilations systems to abate heat and moisture gain. “Although attic ventilation has been shown to reduce attic air temperature and cooling loads the only examination of powered attic ventilators has shown the electricity consumption of the ventilator fans to be greater than the savings in air conditioning energy (Burch et al. 1979). In recent years, however photovoltaic ventilator fans have become available which have no parasitic consumption of line electricity.” And “The major problem is that passively ventilated attics bring in large amounts of moisture laden air into the attics during evening hours when relative humidity is often high. One intrinsic advantage of the PV ventilation scheme is that the attic is well ventilated only during daytime hours only when considerable insolation is present. Coincidently, these also tend to be periods when the ambient relative humidity is low.”
Solar Energy Information
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory: A resource covering the basics of solar energy and all types of technology employed to harness solar power.
- Go Solar California: Information on the California Solar Initiative program, whose goal is to create 3,000 megawatts of solar electricity by 2017.
- U.S. Department of Energy: Information on national goals pertaining to the economic and energy security of the United States, scientific and technological innovation, and environmental responsibility promotion.
- American Solar Energy Society:A non-profit organization “leading the renewable energy revolution,” dedicated to increasing the use of solar energy, energy efficiency, and other sustainable technologies in the U.S.
- Solar Energy Industries Association: The national trade association for the solar industry, working to expand markets, strengthen R&D, lower market barriers, and improve solar education and outreach.
- U.S. Green Building Council: A non-profit organization (composed of over 12,000 organizations in the industry) committed to expanding the use of sustainable energy in building construction.
- National Energy Education Development Project: Promotes an energy conscious and educated society by creating networks of students, educators, business, government and community leaders to design and implement multi-sided energy education programs.
- A+ for Energy – A BP Energy Education Program: Provides teachers with resources for teaching students about energy and energy conservation.