Introducing The Solaro Day™ – “The Skylight That’s Not!™”
There’s light outside, so turn off your old fashioned, power guzzling lights and plug into the power of the sun with the Solaro Day™. Start enjoying the benefits of solar-powered full spectrum natural sunlight in your life.
The engineering department at Solaro Energy™ has been designing skylights and solar powered point of use products for over 20 years with several patents to their credit, so we know sunlight and how to use it for man’s benefit. We are confident that not only will the Solaro Day™ bring lower energy bills, but will bring comfort to your home and family!
How does the Solaro Day™ work?
Starting out at the roof level, Solaro™ has designed a line of special proprietary solar panels that collect sunlight, even on cloudy days, and convert it into safe low voltage DC power. We send that power to a Solaro Day™ daylight simulator for use inside your home or office.
The Solaro Day™ daylight simulator will create the same light that a traditional or tubular skylight creates but without the costly installation including the cutting of a large hole in your roof or ceiling. You will also be able to experience the sun up, sun down and cloud movement inside when your Solaro Day™ is powered directly by the solar panel, just as you would experience with a skylight.
The Solaro Day™ typically requires only a 1/2 inch diameter hole drilled into your roof for the interconnect cable making the installation fast and simple!
View Solaro Day Accessories
The Solaro Day™ product line includes:
CC (Current Control) View Spec Sheets
Solaro Day™ daylight system which uses one single source of solar power and multiple points of daylight simulators to light up your entire home, office, retail outlet, school, government building or factory. Can be daisy chained with more than one Solaro Day™ fixture powered by solar panels from 30 watt minimum to 1000 watt maximum.
Solaro Day™ CC daylight system can also be used with a Night & Day Light Kit. The Solaro Day™ Night & Day Light Kit gives you the opportunity to use the light throughout the day, at night or in cloudy weather conditions. You have full control of when the system is on or off and you may select between 2 power sources, the sun or the grid. Solaro Day™ hybrid kit is available which includes the Solaro Day™ light solar panel brackets.
PS (Power Supply) View Spec Sheets
Stand alone single point daylight simulator with battery back-up kit for night use. This system can be wired to a light switch providing light when you want it, whether or not the sun is up. Use with 12 volt battery only.
- Strong 25 year warranty on the solar panel and diffuser, 10 year warranty on the Opto Semiconductor and light engine. Click Here
- The Opto Semiconductors used in the Solaro Day™ are better than basic LEDs because they have a brighter light and longer life span.
- Proprietary solar panels made with multicrystalline solar cells are designed to collect sunlight even on cloudy days, convert it into safe low-voltage, high performing simulated daylight. Outperforms tubular skylights in low light, on cloudy days, and early and late day.
- Durable white powder coated fixture will last for decades.
- The diffuser is made of modified acrylic and masterfully hides the individual Opto Semiconductors to give a smooth appearance with a very minimal loss of light.
- Provides simulated natural, healthy sunlight that makes bright, happy spaces with the same full spectrum light as sunlight.
- NO harmful UV produced by this light so no need to worry about fading carpets and furniture using the Solaro Day™. Both incandescent and fluorescent lights produce UV but the Solaro Day™ does not.
- Installation is not inhibited by the structure of a building. Installs anywhere! View Installation Instructions
- Creates the same daylight as a traditional tubular skylight without costly installation or cutting large intrusive holes in your roof or ceiling.
- Easy installation. A small ¼” diameter hole in the roof and a 4” hole in the ceiling for the remodel box, snap together the interconnect cable and it’s done. Fast and simple.
- Each kit includes all mounting hardware and 25 feet of 18 gauge double insulated copper wire manufactured to be weatherproof and sunlight resistant which insures the best powering and low energy loss over longer runs. Additional lengths of wire are available for purchase. For wire runs from 1-50 feet use 18 gauge wire, 50-100 feet 14 gauge and 100+ 12 gauge.
- As portable as any other ceiling type fixture. You can take it with you when you move. Can you say that about a skylight?
- Electronics of highest quality with latest technology.
- Helps keep the planet green. Conserves energy, promotes off-grid independence, reduces landfill.
- No harmful substances in the bulb. Fluorescent bulbs contain mercury that is a toxic substance and dangerous to your health.
- The Solaro Day™ is a truly green product! Over the entire life of the light – from manufacturing to disposal – the energy used for incandescent bulbs is almost 5 times that used by the Opto Semiconductors in the Solaro Day. Learn more click here
- The Solaro Day™ has various powering options available. You can use it powered directly by the solar panel, from a battery backup, or from AC. If you want to power a few of the Solaro Day™ from one solar panel, you can do that too.
- American designed, American engineered and American made for quality and durability.